Monday, January 29, 2024

tides of love!

hi there!
today I have a sweet and silly card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!

Tutrle-y Awesome Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Valentine's Day, Card Making, Die Cutting, Turtiles, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #cardmaking #cards #turtles #ocean

I love it!
I used the adorable Tides of Love Stamp Set and colored the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.
I even resisted coloring the turtles in rainbow colors - but it was hard!! I do like how these came out though!
I added some details with a white gel pen once they were die cut out.

Tutrle-y Awesome Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Valentine's Day, Card Making, Die Cutting, Turtiles, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #cardmaking #cards #turtles #ocean

I used Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina to color the ocean. and then Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber for the sandy bottom! then I splattered some white acrylic ink and the same ink colors to add the texture!
then I used the Sunscape Stencil and some white embossing paste to add the sunny texture to the ocean!

Tutrle-y Awesome Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Valentine's Day, Card Making, Die Cutting, Turtiles, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #cardmaking #cards #turtles #ocean

the whole background was then die cut out with the Frames & Flags Die Set
I heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock and then die cut it out with the banner from the same set!
I finished the card off by adding some clear gems.

be sure to check it out on the Newton's Nook blog, too!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D