Monday, January 8, 2024

sending you hogs & kisses!

happy Monday!
today I have a card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog and I can't lie...I'm starting to get into that love feeling!
and today's card starts it all!

Hogs & Kisses Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Pigs, Stencil, Card Making, Cards, Handmade cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #diecuts #pigs #cardmaking

I love how this came out! I almost forgot how cute those little piglets are!
I stamped and colored those cute critters from the Oink stamp set. and instead of coloring them in the traditional pinks, I went with blacks and white! so fun! then I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out.

Hogs & Kisses Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Pigs, Stencil, Card Making, Cards, Handmade cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #diecuts #pigs #cardmaking

for the background, I used Distress Inks in Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron to ink blend the whole background. then, using the Hills & Grass Stencil I used the same colors, but with more pressure to create the dimension! then I couldn't resist splattering a little water on top!

Hogs & Kisses Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Pigs, Stencil, Card Making, Cards, Handmade cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #diecuts #pigs #cardmaking

I was inspired by the sentiment that came in the set, but instead of stamping it, I used it as a platform to create this large sentiment! I used the Essential Alphabet dies to create the sentiment and then backed it with black cardstock so it pops!

be sure to check out the card on the Newton's Nook blog too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D