Wednesday, April 27, 2022

an out of this world birthday card!

hi there!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawn blog - and it's so fun!
bonus news: I have a video! you can check it out on my youtube!

onto the card!

Belated Birthday (planets) Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Birthday, Stencil, Die Cutting, Cards, Card Making, Ink Blending #lawnfawn #birthday #galaxy #cardmaking #cards #distressinks #inkblending #birthday #belatedbirthday

adorable, right?
I have a lot of birthday cards ready to send, but I am very LOW on late birthday cards, and let's be honest...I'm human! so I've been late a time or two, sending cards! am I alone? is it just me? lol!

I stamped all of the images and colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! I used Year Eleven, Party Animal and Out of this World. once it was all dry, I added some details with a white gel pen, and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out!

Belated Birthday (planets) Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Birthday, Stencil, Die Cutting, Cards, Card Making, Ink Blending #lawnfawn #birthday #galaxy #cardmaking #cards #distressinks #inkblending #birthday #belatedbirthday

to create the background, I used Distress Oxide Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio and Squeezed Lemonade.
I made stencils using white cardstock by die cutting with the Puffy Cloud Borders. Then I used Black Soot to add some of the dark clouds - I thought this would be a unique twist on a galaxy style card! Then I used the Starry Sky Stencil and some white stencil paste to add texture!

Belated Birthday (planets) Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Birthday, Stencil, Die Cutting, Cards, Card Making, Ink Blending #lawnfawn #birthday #galaxy #cardmaking #cards #distressinks #inkblending #birthday #belatedbirthday

I added foam tape to a few of the planets for some dimension, and then I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto black cardstock and the card is done!

don't forget to check the card out on the Lawn Fawn blog, or in the video!
so fun!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D