Thursday, June 13, 2013

hello birdie

the little tangles challenge blog just welcomed a brand new design team! and in observance of this, the new challenge this week is all about saying hello! :)


how fun and nice, right? :) i had to join in!
here's my card:


i LOVE that little bird! it's a freebie from neat and tangled! and though i'm usually not into it, i totally had to use that bird image - it's freakin cute! i printed it onto watercolor paper and then used my distress markers to color it in. after i fussy cut her out, i popped her up, too, for dimension.


not to be outdone, the word bubble (the 'a lot to say' stamp set) was stamped onto watercolor paper as well. then i used (nope! not distress markers!) my heidi swapp shine mists and painted those on the bottom! i blended the yellow and pink colors together to create the subtle, light and airy feel! (and if you look closely, you can even see some of the shine still...though capturing that in pictures...not for amateaurs.) ha! the sentiment is from some amy tangerine white woodgrain thickers! love!

the soft woodgrain panel was created with the 'on the strip 2' stamp set. i finished that panel off with an outline from my sewing machine. i felt it needed a little sewing action. 

so that's it!
enjoy! and to the new little tangles design team - welcome!!!! i can't wait to see your constant inspiration with each challenge! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cute! I love the colors and the woodgrain background! the rosy cheecks on the birdie are the best!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. I always try to get around to check out the "competition"- hehe but I am behind on my blog commenting. Had to come here first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be the Most cutest watercolored bird in the world. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha, this card is so sweet! I love all the elements...from the clever use of the bubble stamp, mists and all the way to the woodgrain background! So glad you joined us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha, your card is precious and perfect! I love the pink cheeks on the bird and the woodgrain background. I am so happy that you played along with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so super SWEET...love how you've colored her up! Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D