Monday, June 3, 2013

happy day

today i have a card i made while facetime scrapping with my bestie - danielle at girlracer scrap! :)

it's for the latest 'use what you have challenge' over at the sweet stamp shop! :) i just think that is a fabulous challenge!! i mean, i think all crafters have a little hoarding tendencies by nature, and then time passes, and you get new stuff...lol! anyway, i was super excited to try my hand at it! :)


and guess what i found in my stash...waxy flax!!! i remember thinking at the time, what do you do with this?! but the rainbow colors were too exciting to pass up! i bought these at a local scrapbook store in wichita, ks when we lived there in 2008! ha ha! 


the rainbows color scheme is also what really inspired me with my card too:



i wrapped some of the waxy flax around the top of the panel to resemble a rainbow! that was my starting point! then i used my distress inks to watercolor some of the buildings from the 'cityscape' stamp set. i also used the sun from 'sweet spring' and the sentiment was created from the AWESOME, AMAZING, SUPER FUN 'alpha tabs' stamp set from the sweet stamp shop! i just LOVE that stamp set - it looks just like tiny type! the sentiment was popped up and the little sun was tucked behind the rainbow.


then the whole panel was popped up as well! 
oh, and those little strips of grass...yeah, NO LIE those are from 2003. i bought a package of jolee's boutique soccer themed stickers to make a scrapbook for my (other) best friend who graduation college and never threw it out! i have kept that strip of grass through 10 years, 6 states and who knows how many scrap supply purges!!  lol! sigh. hoarder. :)
so that's it! 
i'm SO excited i was able to play along and LOVING this challenge! 
enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. GET OUT! I absolutely love love love the wax flax as a sideways rainbow! AMAZING! Super cute card-- LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ps.. THANKS for leaving some love on the Virtual Smooches blog!! I love that you enjoy watching my videos:) <3 You made my day!!! **I'm a bit late in responding to my May videos-- LOL! THANKS for always watching my videos and leaving love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, LOVE your rainbow Samantha - fab use of your stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Waxy flax? I have some here too...you've inspired me to actually...USE...it! lol Love the rainbow and that sweet scene. Great design!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D