Monday, June 24, 2013

peachy keen

time for another card created for the 'use what you have challenge' over at the sweet stamp shop! one of my favorite new challenges because i get to create a card with fun stamps and use up my old stash at the same time! score!

for this particular one nicole created a card inspired by a photo on pinterest. i decided to use the same photo for inspiration on my card! :)


i also used the sentimental birds stamp set - one of my favorites! :) 


i used watercolor paper as the base, and then i heat embossed the birds on a wire in clear. then i added some disress marker coloring and mixed the two colors (worn lipstick and wild honey) together to give it a really soft and warm feel. in real life, this card is super soft! the pictures make it look a little harsh, but, what can you do?

oh, and my old product? (and i mean oooolllllddd...we're talking like 2004 people) is this decorative wire from close to my heart! who uses wire on projects?! i don't know what i was thinking at the time! sigh. (as you can see...it has not had much use...there's a ton left!!) 
anyway, i really liked the idea of the grey/silver with those warm colors from the basket in the inspiration photo, so i ran with it and made a few of the 'wires' from the stamp 'actual' wires for the birds. ha!


the sentiment was then heat embossed in silver and i added a few rosey sequins to balance all of the metallic action. :) 
so that's it!
enjoy! hope to see you making a card for this challenge too! 

3 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHH! I LOVE this card-- the pics don't make the watercoloring look harsh! I think it's super soft and matches your inspiration photo perfectly! Actually I think it looks like the sky/sun-- and that's a match for this SSS set! LOVE the added wire-- I have some that I should use up! TOTALLY inspired:) FAB job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing as always! I can't believe you still have some of that stuff in your stash. I mean I know you've destashed a few times, but did the little Menn hide that wire somewhere? Lol. I love that stamp and the water coloring.

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D