Sunday, June 9, 2013

crunchy and creamy and cool

i had SO much fun going through my old stash and making a card for the use what you have challenge at the sweet stamp shop last week! i had to play along again - it's too fun! and i feel accomplished afterwards because i have less waste in my craft room! it's win-win!



this week, nicole also challenged everyone to play along and combine your card with another challenge, too!! even better! so i chose to play along with the retro sketches challenge this week, as well! it's such a fun sketch!!

i used the sweet stamp shop's, perfect match stamp set - one of my top favorites! i love the pairings of the food! so fun! :) ha ha! here's my card! 


i paper pieced the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and also added some glossy accents - it was calling to me! :) they're also popped up - i could NOT resist adding a touch of dimension! oh, and i LOVE that red strawberry jelly!! ha ha! oh, and as for my 'old' stash...check it out: rub ons!!! oh yeah baby! two different kinds to be exact! 



i just couldn't get past the sentiment i created in my mind (through thick and think, crunchy and creamy - best friends!)! get it? because peanut butter can be of the crunchy or creamy variety? lol! i crack myself up. the 'crunchy & creamy' part was created by using individual rub on letters...sort of tedious. but, worth it in this case. :)


i especially love the blue striped banner and bit of twine on this card - i added them to follow the sketch closer and i think that aqua blue is a great compliment to the reds, brown, and beige-s of the pb&j colors! :)

so that's it! 
enjoy! and don't forget to go through your stash and give new life to your old product! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your cute sandwiches! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I am a PBJ fan. And this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazing! I would of never thought that those rub ones were old. All hail PBJ!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D