Wednesday, June 19, 2013

stinkin cute

hey there!
i have a card to share that i made for the current CAS(E) this sketch challenge! (just eeeeeeek-ing it in!)
the sketch is just divine! and i was able to find (literally!) 20 minutes to craft while the house was quiet and the little menn were napping!


i used this set from simon says stamp - stinkin cute - and it really is!! that skunk makes me crazy it's so cute! :) i couldn't wait to color him up! here's my card! :)


i stamped the base of the card is watercolor paper. then i stamped that skunk (see? adorable, right?!) and used my distress markers and watercolored him in. LOVE it! :) i even like how it looks like i went out of the lines and the colors blended together - that's the point of the watercolor look, right? :)
i also added a strip of the lilac-y colored distress marker which i watercolored around and then stamped over with the dots from this set from simon says stamp - furry kisses. LOVE these images too! even the dots are cute! is that possible?


finally, after a sprinkling of rain (to add to the eeyore-ness of this card...you know, doom and gloom and rain clouds, etc) was added i also added some sequins. but they were super large and super sequin-y, so i added some my minds eye enamel dots to the center in order to tone them down. i love it! :)

so that's it!
enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. hehe, what a cute card!! Definitely put a smile on my face today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! How much do I love that little guy?!?!? Super cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am soooooo glad you got a little time to craft today. That guy is stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo stinkin' cute! Such a fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY! I just love love love that little skunk! I absolutely love skunk smell-- so I MUST get this stamp! LOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch:) FAB job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely adorable card, Sam! And thanks so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D