Thursday, June 6, 2013

old school dad

the latest challenge at a blog named hero is all about masculine cards and projects. perfect! father's day is coming up, (which i'm sure was no accident regarding the timing! nice play - a blog named hero). and so of course i had to make a card for my dad. and when i remembered this stamp set that i had from hero arts, i was totally ready. 


here's my card:


i used some of my distress markers on watercolor paper to make it look like the paper was old (think: treasure map color). then i stamped the images onto the distressed paper. i stamped an extra sheet of 'paper' too. then i put it all on some vintage-y looking old ledger paper. score!


and for some reason, i felt that wood veneers were totally masculine, and added some to the card. and i like how it looks. perfect for my dad! this, a guy who used to wake me up by blaring queen through the house on the weekends in highschool. it doesn't get much better than that! :) he's definitely old school and cool. 

enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. What a great sentiment! My dad did NOT wake me up with Queen, but he's still pretty cool! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Dad :) I love the wood elements and mint green manliness of it all! My Dad woke us up at 8am on weekends...to do chores. Blech! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the old school and cool sentiment! FUN card for your dad! LOVE the wood elements and paper--- FAB x1000000!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely AMAZING!!! LOVE the background, the title and the little man!!! PERFECTION! Thanks so much for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D