Wednesday, August 28, 2024

pool party time!

hello!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, and it's all about making cards about where you live!
so fun!

Soak Up the Sun Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Pool Party, Pool, Die Cutting, Sun, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #summer #summercard

my card is a day, poolside! because, let's face it, in South Carolina, in the summer, you HAVE to be doing something by the water if you're outside!
we spend lots of our summer days cooling off at the pool, and I thought this would be the perfect card to showcase a fun summer day here!

Soak Up the Sun Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Pool Party, Pool, Die Cutting, Sun, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #summer #summercard

I stamped the images from Pool Party and My Rainbow and then colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.
once everything was dry, I added some details with a white gel pen, then die cut them out with their coordinating dies!

I die cut out the pool with the Stitched Pond set, and then ran it through my die cutting machine with the Stitched Ripple Backdrop, to give it some texture!
I also used my craft knife to cut along one of those perforated ripples to make it look like the unicorn was swimming!

Soak Up the Sun Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Pool Party, Pool, Die Cutting, Sun, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #summer #summercard

I used the Brick Stencil and some Lost Shadow Distress Oxide Ink to create the soft tile area surrounding the pool! the pool itself was ink blended with Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina.

lastly, I die cut the letters using Henry's ABCs from some white cardstock, and then used the Distress Oxide Inks in Fossilzed Amber, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade to add bright and sunshine-y sentiment!

hope you play along and I can't wait to see how everyone describes their home!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D