Monday, August 19, 2024

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #179 - There's No Place Like Home

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!


yay!    
nothing goes together better than summer and Lawn Fawn!


this is such a fun challenge, and I love taking part in it!
I decided to create a beach scene since we go to the beach often in the summer here in South Carolina! anything outside needs water if you don't want to melt in the heat! lol!

A Relaxing Beach Day Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Beach, Card Making, Handmade Card, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #inkblending #distressinks #Inkblending #cardmaking #summercard #beach

I stamped the images from On the Beach, Pool Party, Snow Much Fun and Little Snow Globe: Bear. I colored in all of the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then once they were dry, I added some details with a white gel pen. then I used the coordinating die cuts to die cut them all out. 
 
A Relaxing Beach Day Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Beach, Card Making, Handmade Card, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #inkblending #distressinks #Inkblending #cardmaking #summercard #beach

I altered the Little Snow Globe: Bear image and instead of holding a snow globe, he's holding the beach ball! so fun!
 
I also die cut out the layers of the ocean with the Stitched Wave Borders and Stitched Hillside Borders for the sandy beach. I used Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina for the waves. for the sandy beach, I used Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber. then I splattered some of the same colors and the white acrylic ink on top.

A Relaxing Beach Day Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Summer, Beach, Card Making, Handmade Card, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #inkblending #distressinks #Inkblending #cardmaking #summercard #beach

the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto Black Licorice Cardstock and then cut into a strip.

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D