Thursday, August 15, 2024

peekaboo kitty scrapbook layout

hello and happy Thursday!
today I have this scrapbook layout up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!

Peek-a-boo Scrapbook Layout by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Scrapbooking, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Distress Inks, Ghosts, Cat, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #scrapbooklayout #scrapbooking #mixedmedia #watercolor #distressinks

I've been itching to make a scrapbook page for a while! and I thought it would be so fun to make a punny layout about my cat Sedona peeking out from under the covers! lol!

Peek-a-boo Scrapbook Layout by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Scrapbooking, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Distress Inks, Ghosts, Cat, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #scrapbooklayout #scrapbooking #mixedmedia #watercolor #distressinks

I started by using the packaging technique and Distress Inks in Peackock Feathers and Salvaged Patina. after the watercoloring was dry, I used the 'boo-ya' sentiment from Ghostly Good Times stamp set in the same ink colors to stamp on top of the watercolored areas. I also used the Ghosts Stencil and some white embossing paste to add texture and more ghosts to the layout!

Peek-a-boo Scrapbook Layout by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Scrapbooking, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Distress Inks, Ghosts, Cat, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #scrapbooklayout #scrapbooking #mixedmedia #watercolor #distressinks

I used 3 different papers from the Black & White Basics Paper Pad to back the photo, along with some white tissue paper and white tulle! I love the addition of the white tissue paper and tulle because it gives the ethereal feel, like the ghosts!

Peek-a-boo Scrapbook Layout by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Scrapbooking, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Distress Inks, Ghosts, Cat, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #scrapbooklayout #scrapbooking #mixedmedia #watercolor #distressinks

I used a combination of thickers for the sentiment (a play on words with the ghosts, so fun!) and then added lots of various puffy stickers and chipboard stickers from my stash! I also stamped and die cut out the cute little kitty ghost from Ghostly Good Times stamp set and used it as an embellishment, too.

I love using stamps and stencils on my layouts!
be sure to check this out on the Newton's Nook Blog, too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D