Wednesday, August 2, 2023

sympathy card

hello there!
today I have a card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog and it's something I don't usually do: sympathy cards!
I think those orchid images are so beautiful! this time I colored them in an orangey/peachy color.

From the Bottom of My Heart Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Orchids, Sympathy Cards, cards, Card making, Handmade cards, alcohol inks, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #alcoholinks #orchids #sympathycard #cardmaking #handmadecards

I stamped the image 3 times from the Orchids stamp set and then colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.
once they were dry, I splattered some white acrylic ink on top. and then die cut them out with the coordinating dies.

From the Bottom of My Heart Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Orchids, Sympathy Cards, cards, Card making, Handmade cards, alcohol inks, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #alcoholinks #orchids #sympathycard #cardmaking #handmadecards

for the background, I used alcohol inks on yupo paper to create the background. I used a small amount of black, navy and silver!

From the Bottom of My Heart Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Orchids, Sympathy Cards, cards, Card making, Handmade cards, alcohol inks, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #alcoholinks #orchids #sympathycard #cardmaking #handmadecards

lastly, I heat embossed the sentiment from Bleeding Hearts in white onto vellum and attached it to the card.

be sure to check this card out on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D