Tuesday, August 15, 2023

a crabby shell-ebration!

hello!!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawn blog, and I even made a little video to go along with it! you can check it out here, or on my YouTube page!
I couldn't resist turning those cute shells from How You Bean? Seashell Add-on into balloons for a beachy birthday party!

Time to Shell-ebrate Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Slimline Card, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Lawn Fawn, Die cuts, YouTube, Video, Tutorial, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnvideo #distressinks #inkblending #slinline #slimlinecards #cardmaking

 I used the balloons from Really High Five and stamped a little balloon knot at the end of the shells. then I stamped the birthday hats from the same set. finally I stamped the crabs and sand castle from Life is Good. all of the images were stamped and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I couldn't use the coordinating dies from the seashell-balloons so I fussy cut them out!

Time to Shell-ebrate Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Slimline Card, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Lawn Fawn, Die cuts, YouTube, Video, Tutorial, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnvideo #distressinks #inkblending #slinline #slimlinecards #cardmaking

then I die cut out the card front with the Large Slimline with Sliders and used Distress Oxide Inks to ink blend the beach scene! for the sandy shore, I used Stained Walnut, Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber and then splattered it all over with the same colors as well as some white acrylic ink.
I used some extra cardstock I had leftover from die cutting with the Stitched Hillside Borders as a mask along the corner of the card. for the ocean part, I used Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina. I used a large dry brush and some white acrylic ink to create the ocean spray!

Time to Shell-ebrate Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Slimline Card, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Lawn Fawn, Die cuts, YouTube, Video, Tutorial, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnvideo #distressinks #inkblending #slinline #slimlinecards #cardmaking

some of the crabs and balloons, were popped up with foam tape.
I also heat embossed the sentiment in white onto some black cardstock and popped that up too!

be sure to check the card out on the Lawn Fawn blog, and watch the video!
enjoy!

2 comments:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D