Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Heffy Doodle June Guest Designer - Otter Side

hello!
how excited am I to be part of the Heffy Doodle family for the month of June?! I'm back with my 2nd post of the month, and this time, I'm using the otter-ly ADORABLE Otter Side stamp set!

eeeep! otters are definitely in my top 5 favorite and cutest animals ever! and this scene was inspired by the pair of river otters that live in the lake behind my parents house!


Otter Side Card by Samantha Mann for Heffy Doodle Stamps, Guest Designer, Distress Inks, Beach, Otter, Deco Foil, Foil, Card Making, Hanmdmade cards, #heffydoodle #distressinks #decofoil #cardmaking #handmade cards

I colored all of the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and then fussy cut them out!
those sweet critters are are clearly enjoy the water on a summer day! and I wish I was there, too! ha!

Otter Side Card by Samantha Mann for Heffy Doodle Stamps, Guest Designer, Distress Inks, Beach, Otter, Deco Foil, Foil, Card Making, Hanmdmade cards, #heffydoodle #distressinks #decofoil #cardmaking #handmade cards

for the background, I used Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina for the ocean. then I used Fossilized Amber and Vintage Photo for the beach. then I splattered some ink color and white acrylic ink to create the sandy look.
I also used a dry brush and white acrylic paint and added the texture of the crashing of the waves onto the beach! so FUN!

I used the Stormy Seas Stencil to add the waves! first I used some DecoFoil Duo Gel. then once it was dry, I added Opal foil to make the subtle shimmer for the waves! love that subtle effect! 

lastly, the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto black cardstock and then fussy cut out!

this card makes me so happy when i see it!
and I'm SOOOOO humbled and happy to be part of the Heffy Doodle blog and family this month!
be sure to check out my post on the Heffy Doodle blog, too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D