Wednesday, June 22, 2022

catching butterflies!

hello again!
today I have this fun and colorful card up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog!

A Happy Hello Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Deco Foil, Butterflies, Heat Embossing, Stencil, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Rainbow #cardmaking #newtonsnookdesigns #heatembossing #decofoil

rainbows and butterflies - what's not to love! lol!
I used the Monarchs stamp set and heat embossed the images in white onto vellum, then die cut them out.
I used Distress Oxide Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina to ink blend the background.

A Happy Hello Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Deco Foil, Butterflies, Heat Embossing, Stencil, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Rainbow #cardmaking #newtonsnookdesigns #heatembossing #decofoil

first I used the base layer of the Butterflies stencil and heat embossed in a matte grey. once that was cool, I used some Duo Gel with the second layer of the Butterflies stencil! one that was dry, I used some Rainbow Shattered Glass Deco Foil to add the fun, shiny texture!

A Happy Hello Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Deco Foil, Butterflies, Heat Embossing, Stencil, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Rainbow #cardmaking #newtonsnookdesigns #heatembossing #decofoil

I also heat embossed the sentiment from Heartfelt Butterflies in white onto some vellum. then I used the Banner Trio Die Set to die cut it out! love the texture of the vellum with the foil! and of course - rainbow! ha!

be sure to check out the card on the Newton's Nook Designs blog, too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D