Thursday, March 24, 2022

you can stand under my umbrella!

hello and happy Thursday!
today I have a card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!

You Make Rainy Days Brighter Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Slimline Card, Card Making, Paper Crafts, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil #newtonsnook #distressinks #stencil #slimline #cards #cardmaking

and it's adorable! lol!
I loooooove these images! I stamped them all from the Umbrella Pals stamp set. they were colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers (in rainbow colors, naturally!!) and then die cut out with the coordinating dies.
I added some details with a white gel pen, too, of course!

You Make Rainy Days Brighter Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Slimline Card, Card Making, Paper Crafts, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil #newtonsnook #distressinks #stencil #slimline #cards #cardmaking

for the background, I die cut out the panel with the Slimline Frames & Portholes dies, and did some ink blending!
I used Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed for the bottom corner! and Black Soot and Iced Spruce for the top portion!

You Make Rainy Days Brighter Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Slimline Card, Card Making, Paper Crafts, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil #newtonsnook #distressinks #stencil #slimline #cards #cardmaking

I used the Raindrops Stencil, and with Black Soot, I added the ink drop images! I used the Sunscape Stencil and some glitter paste to make the sun rays at the bottom! so fun!
I have never done a background combining sun rays and raindrops before, so this was really fun to make!

be sure to check out the card on the Newton's Nook blog!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D