Wednesday, January 21, 2015

cat puns - here's one for you right meow!

hello!!

today i'm sharing a card that is also on the Newton's Nook blog! and, people, i just LOVE this one! ha ha! i laughed the whole time i made it! :) it involves a pun...a cat related pun!

so, to start off, are you familiar with the song "How You Like Me Now?" by the Heavy? it's awesome! and it i totally punned this song for my card. you can listen to the song and get your funk on here!


see? ha ha ha ha!! i LOVE it! it's like newton is giving the mouse some cheese and thinking, see? i'm cool. let's be friends! ha!
ok, so moving past the pun, that i stitched on with my sewing machine, i colored the images with copics! :) i used that new Newton Dreams of Paris stamp set and combined it with 2 older stamp sets - Newton's Daydream and Say Cheese! :)


I popped up Newton and the little mouse, and added a little texture with some modeling paste and a chevron stencil! :) oh, and last minute, i added some pink splatters! i couldn't resist! 

so, i hope this made you smile! please stop by the Newton's Nook Designs blog and leave some love, if you feel so inclined! :)
enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. It definitely made me smile! It's a purrrrfect card. Sorry - if you are doing puns, I have to jump in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card made me LOL! You are so stinkin' clever! I love everything about this card. Your coloring is fabulous!! Had to pin it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, I absolutely LOVE this card! Newton and the mouse make the cutest friends! And I couldn't stop singing the sentiment haha .. so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card!!! Here in Spain is impossible to found this stamps :( but in 2015 I promise you I found and international shop to bought it ;) with your permission I stay here to continue enjoying your cards. See you here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic card, Sam!!! LOVE your background and colouring! Sewn letters are very cool!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT - I totally thought of that song the first time I saw the card - now it's stuck in my head!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D