Thursday, January 29, 2015

you're my brightest star

hello there!

it's been quiet on my blog this week...weird!
well that's about to change! 
today i have a card that i created for the current Runway Inspired Challenge


so FUN! and totally a challenge for me! these aren't my usual colors, and i was up for the challenge! 
i also thought to myself...hey...i'm already challenging myself, why not use some acrylic paints?! also new to me!

so i took my inspiration from the panels in the top of the shirt, and that's what i did:


i used some navy paint and quickly brushed it on to my card front. once that was dry, i used some orange and red acrylic paint to create loose 'stars'! i really like how it came out! 


i colored that little lion from Mama Elephant's Carnival Cupcakes with copics, and then popped him up over that lovely, so sweet, sentiment from Shooting Star.

what do you think? have you ever used acrylic paint? it was FUN!! 
thanks for stopping by!
enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! This card is absolutely amazing!! I have never used acrylic paint on a card but after seeing your card, I would definitely want to give a try! Your card is a true masterpiece and should be framed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card!! Amazing background with the paint! Definitley a work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card...LOVE the arty-ness of it. Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bold painting on your card front! Feels very ethnic! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so artistic...I love it! :) Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D