Wednesday, July 6, 2022

slimline summertime card!

hello friends!
today I have a FUN and beachy card up on the Lawn Fawn blog! and guess what? there's a super fun bonus: I made a video! you can check it out on the Lawn Fawn blog, or on my youtube channel here!

what fun!
shall we get into it?

Slimline Beach Party Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Watercolor, Alcohol Inks, Slimline, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, Summer, beach, Cats, #lawnfawn #diecutting #alcoholinks #cardmaking #handmadecards #cards #slimline #slimlinecard

I had a blast making this card! lots of coloring, and lots of mixed media!

All of the images were stamped and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I colored all of the cats from Meow You Doin' the same way, and added tiger stripes to them, too! Just for fun! the rest of the images are either from Pool Party, On the Beach or Life is Good!
I also added details with a white gel pen to all of the images! I especially love doing that for the blushing cheeks and inflatable beach toys! All of the images were die cut out with their coordinating dies, and some of the images were popped up with foam tape for dimension.

Slimline Beach Party Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Watercolor, Alcohol Inks, Slimline, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, Summer, beach, Cats, #lawnfawn #diecutting #alcoholinks #cardmaking #handmadecards #cards #slimline #slimlinecard

For the background, I used Yupo paper and Alcohol Inks in Pistachio, Patina, Pool, Sail Boat Blue and Indigo for the ocean part. For the sandy shore, I used the Butterscotch and Dandelion alcohol ink colors! Once they were all dry, I used the Stitched Hillside Borders to die cut out the 3 sandy shore hills, and the Stitched Wave Borders for the ocean! I also die cut out a layer of Vellum for the ocean, too. I splattered some white acrylic ink on top of the sea shore to look more like grains of sand! So fun!
all of the layers were also cut with the Scalloped Slimline with Hearts: Portrait die set!

Slimline Beach Party Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Watercolor, Alcohol Inks, Slimline, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, Summer, beach, Cats, #lawnfawn #diecutting #alcoholinks #cardmaking #handmadecards #cards #slimline #slimlinecard

I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto some Black Licorice Cardstock and then fussy cut out around it.
I attached it to the card with foam tape so it would have dimension up there at the top! 

Slimline Beach Party Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, Watercolor, Alcohol Inks, Slimline, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, Summer, beach, Cats, #lawnfawn #diecutting #alcoholinks #cardmaking #handmadecards #cards #slimline #slimlinecard

be sure to check the card out, and leave me a comment on the video, if you feel so inclined!
which cat are you at the beach?

enjoy!

2 comments:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D