Monday, November 1, 2021

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge 112 - Make the Sentiment a Star

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!



yay! 


I just love making the sentiment stand out!
I decided to combine die cut letters and part of a stamped sentiment
for my card!

Zoomin' By to Say Hi Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Interactive Card, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Hello, Card, Scooter, Die Cutting, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressoxide #inkblending #interactivecard #handmadecards #cardmaking #cards
 
I used Distress Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina over white cardstock. then I used the a white ink color with a stencil I made by die cutting paper with the Puffy Cloud Borders to add the cloudy, blustery, windy background! so fun!

Zoomin' By to Say Hi Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Interactive Card, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Hello, Card, Scooter, Die Cutting, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressoxide #inkblending #interactivecard #handmadecards #cardmaking #cards

then I die cut out of white cardstock with the Grassy Border and Stitched Hillside Borders dies. then I ink blended those with Pine Needles, Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.

I stamped and colored the images from Scootin' By with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out.  I attached the images to a thin strip of acetate.
I used a brad to connect the acetate strip to the grassy layer of paper. then I popped up the hilly layer and attached it all to my card! now the little guys zooms back and forth when you tilt the card!

Zoomin' By to Say Hi Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Interactive Card, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink Blending, Hello, Card, Scooter, Die Cutting, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressoxide #inkblending #interactivecard #handmadecards #cardmaking #cards
 
lastly, I heat embossed part of the sentiment in white onto strips of black cardstock! and die cut out the other letters from white with the Oliver's Stitched ABCs.

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D