Thursday, November 18, 2021

Get Cracking on Christmas - Fa La La La Mingo

hello!!!

today I'm joining Jenn Shurkus as she continues to Get Cracking on those Christmas cards!! I'm sooooooooo excited to be joining her since I'm still in the Christmas card-making mode! ha!!

be sure to join in the Christmas fun!!
if you create a project, share it on social media with the tag: #getcrackingonchristmas and comment on Jenn's blog!
as an added bonus...Jenn will be doing a live event on her YouTube, Friday Nov 19th at 8:00p ET
www.youtube.com/jennshurkus


ok, let's get onto my card!
I used these adorably festive flamingos from Paperie Ink: Fla La La Mingo!


Fla La La Mingo Card by Samantha Mann, Get Cracking on Christmas, Cards, Handmade Cards, Paperie Ink, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Christmas #christmas #getcrackingonchristmas #paperieink #distressinks #Inkblending #christmascard #cardmaking

so cute!
I colored all of the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, and then fussy cut them out!
I used Newton's Nook's Land Borders Dies and Sea Borders Dies to add the waves of the ocean!
I used Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina to ink blend color on the waves. then I used the same colors and water to add texture to the waves!

Fla La La Mingo Card by Samantha Mann, Get Cracking on Christmas, Cards, Handmade Cards, Paperie Ink, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Christmas #christmas #getcrackingonchristmas #paperieink #distressinks #Inkblending #christmascard #cardmaking

I ink blended the sandy beach in Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber. then I splattered color, water and white acrylic ink on top to add the sandy texture!
the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto the wave. and then I added some snowy texture to the sky with white embossing paste and a stencil!

Fla La La Mingo Card by Samantha Mann, Get Cracking on Christmas, Cards, Handmade Cards, Paperie Ink, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Christmas #christmas #getcrackingonchristmas #paperieink #distressinks #Inkblending #christmascard #cardmaking

don't forget to comment on Jenn's blog post and play along, too! 
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D