Thursday, January 30, 2020

a sweet winter bird

when we lived in Michigan, my all time favorite bird there was the Chickadee - it's SO cute and little and friendly!!
so in honor of that perfect little chirpy bird, I made this card! 
you can see it on the Newton's Nook Designs blog, too!


Warm Winter Wishes Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Embossing Paste, Glitter, Embossing Powder, Birds, Distress Inks, Chickadee, Cards #newtonsnook #distressink #embossingpowder #heatembossing #witnerbirds #winter #cards

I used the beautiful, lovely Winter Birds Stamp Set
I stamped the images and colored them in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out! so easy!


Warm Winter Wishes Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Embossing Paste, Glitter, Embossing Powder, Birds, Distress Inks, Chickadee, Cards #newtonsnook #distressink #embossingpowder #heatembossing #witnerbirds #winter #cards

I used Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks to create the soft background! 
then I used some white embossing paste and the Snowfall Stencil to create the snowy sky! before the embossing paste was dry, I sprinkled 3 different glitter embossing powders! once it was dry, I heat set the power and vwa-la!! glittery snowflakes that don't leave glitter everywhere! win! ha!

be sure to check the card out on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog, too!

2 comments:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D