Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Happy Together Layout

hello and happy Tuesday!
I just got back from having an AMAZING time at Creativation, and I am bursting with creativity and the urge to create!!
I haven't had the time to make a layout in forever, and so the first thing I did was make one for the new Altenew Sketch Challenge - my FAVORITE layout challenges!!!


I mean, what's not to love about the sketch!? I LOVE circular layouts like that, so it was a dream to create!

here's my layout!

Happy Together Mixed Media Layout by Samantha Mann, Altenew, scrapbook, watercolor, #altenew #scrapbook #layout

love it?! I layouts aren't for everyone, but I do love scrapbooking just as much as card making, so I have to play along and share! (sorry!)
I used the Altenew 36 pan set of watercolors to create the background, first! soooo pretty! what's not to love about those colors!

Happy Together Mixed Media Layout by Samantha Mann, Altenew, scrapbook, watercolor, #altenew #scrapbook #layout

I also used the Watercolor Stripes stencil with some white embossing paste for the background! LOVE that texture! oh, and did you see the stitching? watercolor + embossing paste + stitching = MY FAVORITE! lol!

Happy Together Mixed Media Layout by Samantha Mann, Altenew, scrapbook, watercolor, #altenew #scrapbook #layout

I embellished, and created layers behind my photo with papers from and stickers and die cuts from BOTH scrapbook collections: Reflection and Our Family!
those wood veneer, origami humming birds are just TO DIE FOR! I used gesso and then watercolored on top of them too! ha!

so that's my layout!
be sure to check out the sketch and examples so you can play along, too! the more the merrier!!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D