Monday, July 15, 2024

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #177 - Christmas in July

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!


yay!    
nothing goes together better than summer and Lawn Fawn!


I love the idea of a Christmas in July challenge
! and I decided to add some summery elements to my christmas card!

Otterly Sweet Christmas Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas, Christmas Card, Card Making, Otters, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #christmascard #otters #christmas #cardmaking #distressinks #inkblending

I stamped the image from Winter Otter two times. I also stamped the little conch present from Beachy Christmas. then I colored all of the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I also fussy cut out each image!

Otterly Sweet Christmas Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas, Christmas Card, Card Making, Otters, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #christmascard #otters #christmas #cardmaking #distressinks #inkblending

I thought it would be adorable to make these river otters! for the river/sandy shore I used Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber. once it was blended, I used the same colors and white acrylic ink to splatter all over. then i added some texture with the Snowflake Background Stencils and white embossing paste. I popped up the sides of the card with foam tape so that the river looked a little but under the shore!


Otterly Sweet Christmas Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas, Christmas Card, Card Making, Otters, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #christmascard #otters #christmas #cardmaking #distressinks #inkblending

I used Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio to ink blend the actual 'river' portion. then I splattered some water on top.
I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto Black Licorice cardstock.


I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D