Tuesday, July 23, 2024

puppy friends are the best friends!

...or even friends who have puppies are the best friends! ha!
my best friend recently adopted TWO Aussiedors! (which are Australian Shepherd and Chocolate Lab mixes) and they are the CUTEST, softest best little puppers ever!

I decided to make a card for her featuring them for her and the card is up on the Newton's Nook blog today!

You Make Ruff Days Better Card by Samantha Mann for Newotn's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Puppies, Dies, Die Cutting, Stencil #cardmaking #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesgins #distressinks #inkblending #puppies

so cute!
I stamped and colored the images from Puppy Friends Stamp Set with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out!
I had a hard time coloring the one on the left, ha!! but I did my best to emulate the real puppies on the card! any tips for coloring Australian Shepherd type pups is welcome! :P

You Make Ruff Days Better Card by Samantha Mann for Newotn's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Puppies, Dies, Die Cutting, Stencil #cardmaking #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesgins #distressinks #inkblending #puppies

for the background, I die cut the heart from white cardstock and ink blending with Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Dried Marigold.
after the initial ink blending, I placed the Petite Paw Prints Stencil on top and used the same colors, but with more pressure to add the tone-on-tone look for the background.

You Make Ruff Days Better Card by Samantha Mann for Newotn's Nook Designs, Newton's Nook, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Puppies, Dies, Die Cutting, Stencil #cardmaking #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesgins #distressinks #inkblending #puppies

then I die cut out the frame from the new A2 Card Layout 2 Die Set from white cardstock and then cut THAT frame out with the Heart Frames Die Set! I popped it up with foam tape.
the sentiment was heat embossed with white. and then I used the smallest heart from the Heart Frames Die Set and ink blended it with Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers, because I felt the card needed one more area of a pop of green!

be sure to check out the card up on the Newton's Nook blog!
enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha. I love your heart puppy card. Your new friends are the most adorable puppies! I have never heard of that breed, but the breeds they mix from are wonderful dogs.

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D