Wednesday, July 24, 2024

sending sublime christmas wishes

hi there!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!
the current challenge is all about working on those holiday cards and celebrating Christmas in July!
and I just LOVE using that as an opportunity to get beachy!

Sending my Deepest Christmas Wishes Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Watercolor, Packaging technique, christmas, Christmas Card, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #watercolor #christmas #scuba #christmascard #cardmaking

I stamped the images from You are Sublime
, Ho-Ho-Holidays
 and Beachy Christmas and then colored them all in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.
once they were dry, I added some details with a white gel pen and then die cut them out!

I used the santa hat and beard from Ho-Ho-Holidays and added it to the scuba diver from You are Sublime - and those I fussy cut out and glued to the image! and for fans of Scuba Steve, say hello to Scuba Santa! ha!

Sending my Deepest Christmas Wishes Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Watercolor, Packaging technique, christmas, Christmas Card, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #watercolor #christmas #scuba #christmascard #cardmaking

   
I also added some Chunky Glitter to the presents, lights on the 'tree' and santa hat!
the sentiment was a combination of phrases from You are Sublime and Beachy Christmas! so fun that the fonts match each other perfectly!
I heat embossed them both on vellum and then die cut them out with the new Stitched Sentiment Banners!

Sending my Deepest Christmas Wishes Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Watercolor, Packaging technique, christmas, Christmas Card, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #watercolor #christmas #scuba #christmascard #cardmaking

I used Distress Inks and the 'packaging technique' to create the background.
- first I smooshed the ink onto a clear piece of old sticker packaging
- I repeated that processed multiple times with the 3 different colors of Distress Inks (Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina)
- once it was dry, I used the same ink colors and did some ink blending on top (my favorite way to add more vibrancy!)

I hope you play along with us! be sure to check out all of the inspiration on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D