Monday, February 19, 2024

under the weather

hello!
today I have this sweet, get well card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!

Feeling Under the Weather? Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Get Well Card, Umbrella, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #getwellcard #getwell #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #handmadecards

so sweet!
there's something about umbrella images that are always my FAVORITE!! so this spring...get ready, I'm going full-on umbrella mode! lol!
I stamped and colored the images from Newton's Umbrella and then used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to color them in! once it was dry, I added some details with a white gel pen and then die cut out the images with the coordinating dies!

Feeling Under the Weather? Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Get Well Card, Umbrella, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #getwellcard #getwell #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #handmadecards

for the background, I used the Clouds Stencil and some Distress Inks to add the happy, warm sky! I used Picked Raspberries, Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade. I loooove the warm pink tones!! I thought about splattering some water on top, but I actually used restraint! I wanted the raindrops themselves to be the star!

Feeling Under the Weather? Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Get Well Card, Umbrella, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #getwellcard #getwell #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #handmadecards

I finished the card off by popping up the main image with foam tape and then stamping the sentiment directly on the background of the card!

be sure to check the card out on the Newton's Nook Designs blog and pick up all your spring favorites!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D