Thursday, October 20, 2022

Get Cracking on Christmas - Peace and Joy

hello!!!

today I'm joining Jenn Shurkus as she continues to Get Cracking on those Christmas cards!! I'm sooooooooo excited to be joining her since I just love building up my stash all year long! ha!!

be sure to join in the Christmas fun!!
if you create a project, share it on social media with the tag: #getcrackingonchristmas and comment on Jenn's blog!
as an added bonus...Jenn will be doing a live event on her YouTube!

LIVE on YouTube, Thursday, October 27th at 8p ET

ok, let's get onto my card!
I used the beautiful Stitched Poinsettia dies from Lawn Fawn!

Peace & Joy Card by Samantha Mann for Get Cracking on Christmas Cards with Jenn Shurkus, Watercolor, Distress Inks, Sequins, Christmas, Cards, Card Making, Die Cuts, Lawn Fawn, #lawnfawn #getcrackingonchristmas #sequins #watercolor #diecuts #christmascards #poinsettia

so pretty!
I did some watercoloring on a sheet of cardstock with Distress Inks in Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, Saltwater Taffy and Dried Marigold. once it was dry, I used the dies to die cut them out and then I splattered lots of white acrylic ink on top!

Peace & Joy Card by Samantha Mann for Get Cracking on Christmas Cards with Jenn Shurkus, Watercolor, Distress Inks, Sequins, Christmas, Cards, Card Making, Die Cuts, Lawn Fawn, #lawnfawn #getcrackingonchristmas #sequins #watercolor #diecuts #christmascards #poinsettia

I layered the petals with and then popped up the top layer with foam tape. for the cardbase, I used a pinky-beige color cardstock!

Peace & Joy Card by Samantha Mann for Get Cracking on Christmas Cards with Jenn Shurkus, Watercolor, Distress Inks, Sequins, Christmas, Cards, Card Making, Die Cuts, Lawn Fawn, #lawnfawn #getcrackingonchristmas #sequins #watercolor #diecuts #christmascards #poinsettia

I heat embossed the sentiment on baby pink cardstock in white from Snowy Backdrops! then I fussy cut out around it.
I finished off the card with some opaque white sequins.


don't forget to comment on Jenn's blog post and play along, too! 
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D