Thursday, August 18, 2022

Get Cracking on Christmas Cards - Shell-ebrate

hello!!!

today I'm joining Jenn Shurkus as she continues to Get Cracking on those Christmas cards!! I'm sooooooooo excited to be joining her since I just love building up my stash all year long! ha!!

be sure to join in the Christmas fun!!
if you create a project, share it on social media with the tag: #getcrackingonchristmas and comment on Jenn's blog!
as an added bonus...Jenn will be doing a live event on her YouTube!

LIVE on YouTube August 25th at 8p ETT

ok, let's get onto my card!
I used these amazing and CUTE and fun stamps from the Santa Claws set from Clearly Besotted!

You're Clawsome Santa Card by Samantha Mann for Get Cracking on Christmas Card Series, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas, Card Making, Cards, Clearly Besotted, Lawn Fawn, #clearlybesotted #getcrackingonchristmas #cardmaking #christmas #christmascard

so cute!
I colored all of the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then fussy cut them out! I kept the colors of the little crabs themselves in traditional christmas-y colors! so fun!

You're Clawsome Santa Card by Samantha Mann for Get Cracking on Christmas Card Series, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas, Card Making, Cards, Clearly Besotted, Lawn Fawn, #clearlybesotted #getcrackingonchristmas #cardmaking #christmas #christmascard

I used Distress Inks in Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade, then also used the Sunray Background Stencil but with Fossilized Amber Distress ink to add the tone-on-tone colors!

You're Clawsome Santa Card by Samantha Mann for Get Cracking on Christmas Card Series, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Christmas, Card Making, Cards, Clearly Besotted, Lawn Fawn, #clearlybesotted #getcrackingonchristmas #cardmaking #christmas #christmascard

the sentiment was then heat embossed in black onto some vellum, and then fussy cut around it. I added some texture with white embossing paste and the Farmhouse Christmas Merry Snowflakes stencil! I popped up the critters with foam tape, too!

don't forget to comment on Jenn's blog post and play along, too! 
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D