Thursday, August 11, 2022

hello sunshine!

hi there!
today I have this fun, summery card up on the Newton's Nook blog!
I am trying to hold onto summer as long as possible, ha!

Hello Sunshine Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Lemons, Handmade Cards, Card Making, Summer #newtonsnook #clearstamps #distressinks #cardmaking #handmadecards

I used the citrus-y images from Lemon Twist for this card! I watercolored them all in with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out! I also added some details with a white gel pen!

Hello Sunshine Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Lemons, Handmade Cards, Card Making, Summer #newtonsnook #clearstamps #distressinks #cardmaking #handmadecards

for the background, I used Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral and Dried Marigold to ink blend! then I used the Tropical Leaves Stencil and the same colors, but with more pressure, to add the leaf-y background! it's a perfect combination! so fun!

Hello Sunshine Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Lemons, Handmade Cards, Card Making, Summer #newtonsnook #clearstamps #distressinks #cardmaking #handmadecards

I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto some vellum and then fussy cut out around it! love that little peak of white!

so fun! be sure to check the card out on the Newton's Nook blog, too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D