Monday, June 7, 2021

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #102 - all things ocean

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!



yay!


did someone say ocean? yes please! it's my favorite place to be!

Sending Big Hugs Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Cards, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Stencil,  #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #ocean #underthesea #stencil #handmadecard

I love this under the sea scene!!
the octopus and some of the fish are from Ocean Shell-fie, the seaweed is from Fintastic Friends, and of course the adorable crab is from Life is Good! all of the images were colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then fussy cut out!

Sending Big Hugs Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Cards, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Stencil,  #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #ocean #underthesea #stencil #handmadecard

for the background, I started by die cutting some sandy sea floor with white cardstock. then I used Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber Distress Inks to ink blend the color. then I sprinkled on lots of color, water and white acrylic ink on top. these were both die cut with the Stitched Hillside Borders dies.
then I moved onto the water! I used another piece of white cardstock, then used Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina Distress Inks. I did a base layer of ink blending, then splattered it with water. then I used the Bubbles Stencil and the same colors to add the bubbles - but I used some white embossing paste for the shine and small white bubbles!

Sending Big Hugs Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Die Cutting, Distress Inks, Cards, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Stencil,  #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #ocean #underthesea #stencil #handmadecard

once everything was dry, I die cut out the huge phrase with the Giant Sending Big Hugs die! I also die cut that phrase out of black cardstock 5 times, to add dimension!

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D