Monday, May 17, 2021

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #101 - Travel Destination/Favorite Place

happy Monday!

let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!



yay!
 

I love creating scenes and this is one of my favorite challenges ever!
I decided to create a sunset beach card, because that's my favorite place ever! but I have never done a night sky/scene in this fashion, so be kind! lol! I already know that I would change about 6 different things about this card! lol

Thank My Lucky Stars for You Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Beach, Sunset, Cards, Card Making, Thank You Card, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #cardmaking #thankyoucard #distressinks #inkblending
 
I used lots of Distress Ink blending for my card! 
The ocean waves, which were die cut with the Stitched Hillside Borders and Stitched Wave Borders, were inkblended at first as I normally would with bright colors in Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina. then I used Chipped Sapphire, Smoked Hickory and Black Soot to add the shadows. 
I used Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade for the moon glow.
 
Thank My Lucky Stars for You Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Beach, Sunset, Cards, Card Making, Thank You Card, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #cardmaking #thankyoucard #distressinks #inkblending
 
I stamped the images from Upon a Star and Life is Good. again, I colored them all like I normally would, with bright colors. all of the images were colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! then I used the previously mentioned darker Distress Inks to add the shadows.
 
Thank My Lucky Stars for You Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Beach, Sunset, Cards, Card Making, Thank You Card, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatics #cardmaking #thankyoucard #distressinks #inkblending
 
the sentiment was created by combining phrases from Upon a Star and Super Star. I sprinkled white acrylic ink on top of the waves and sandy shore, too!
lastly, I used the Starry Sky Stencil and white embossing paste to add star texture!

I added some details with my white gel pen, and then heat embossed the sentiment in white onto some Black Licorice Cardstock! then I just fussy cut around the sentiment.

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D