Sunday, July 14, 2019

chillin' at the beach, birthdays done right

well hello there!
guess what news I have to share with you today...I have a card up on the Lawn Fawn blog!!! yahooooo!
definitely be sure to check it out there!

Have a Relaxing Birthday Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Shadowbox, handmade cards, card, beach, birthday card, distress ink, #lawnfawn #birthday #birthdaycard, #beach #cards #interactive

isn't it adorable!!
fun fact - this was my first time ever making a shadowbox card!! I had been so intimidated to try making one before, but I was inspired by Emily Leiphart's card here, and totally made one! and it was EASY and so fun!!

ok, so I started by stamping and coloring images from On the Beach,  Life is Good, Plane and Simple and Out of This World! they're so sweet and they all work so well together! all of the images were colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then fussy cut or die cut out!

Have a Relaxing Birthday Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Shadowbox, handmade cards, card, beach, birthday card, distress ink, #lawnfawn #birthday #birthdaycard, #beach #cards #interactive

then I used the Stitched Hillside Borders dies to create the sandy shores! I used Distress Inks in Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber to ink blend the sand. then I splattered some color and white acrylic ink on top!
the waves were die cut from white paper, and then I added color with Mermaid Lagood and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks!

I also added a little Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks to the top of the card to represent the sunny sky!

Have a Relaxing Birthday Card by Samantha Mann for Lawn Fawn, Shadowbox, handmade cards, card, beach, birthday card, distress ink, #lawnfawn #birthday #birthdaycard, #beach #cards #interactive

I finished the shadow box card off with some glitter on the seashells and a vellum banner from the Fancy Wavy Banners dies, that I heat embossed the sentiment on in white! 

this card even impressed my little Menn, which is hard to do! lol! they usually just ignore me while I craft, but they saw me messing with this card and were very impressed!! (until I told them the hard work was done by a die, and I didn't come up with the idea by myself! lol!!)

thanks again for hanging with me!
don't forget to check this out on the Lawn Fawn blog, too!
enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D