Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Sweet Spiders!

hi there!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawn blog, using some of the newest fall products! and BONUS: I made a video too!
you can check it out at my youtube channel or by clicking here!

Dropping By to Say...Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Alcohol Inks, Acetate, Spiders, Card Making, Heat Embossing, Handmade Cards, Halloween #lawnfawn #cardmaking #alcoholinks #alcoholink #halloween #halloweencard #tutorial #youtube #video

who would have ever thought that I would say 'spiders are adorable', but these spiders are SO adorable! I stamped the images from Sweet Spiders and Sweet Spiders Add On and then used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to watercolor them in! once they were dry, I used a white gel pen to add some details and then the coordinating dies to die cut everything out!
and who can resist a gaggle of pinks spiders!? lol!

Dropping By to Say...Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Alcohol Inks, Acetate, Spiders, Card Making, Heat Embossing, Handmade Cards, Halloween #lawnfawn #cardmaking #alcoholinks #alcoholink #halloween #halloweencard #tutorial #youtube #video

instead of using a white cardstock base, I used acetate as my card base! so fun and different! I thought it would be the perfect way to highlight that spiderweb and make it pop! once the acetate was cut to the size of a card base, I folded it in half, and did some heat embossing in white (being very careful not to burn the acetate!)

Dropping By to Say...Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Alcohol Inks, Acetate, Spiders, Card Making, Heat Embossing, Handmade Cards, Halloween #lawnfawn #cardmaking #alcoholinks #alcoholink #halloween #halloweencard #tutorial #youtube #video

inside the base of the card of adhered my alcohol inks background! I used a combination of Ranger Alcohol Inks and Pinata alcohol inks along with Alcohol Ink paper with Alcohol Ink Solution. I spread the ink color around with my heat gun, being careful not to burn or warp the paper.

Dropping By to Say...Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Lawn Fawn, Alcohol Inks, Acetate, Spiders, Card Making, Heat Embossing, Handmade Cards, Halloween #lawnfawn #cardmaking #alcoholinks #alcoholink #halloween #halloweencard #tutorial #youtube #video

the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto Ballet Slippers Cardstock and then trimmed down to thin banners. they were also popped up with foam tape. the spiders were popped up with foam tape, too for some extra dimension.
I just love all of the spiders with their treats in the webs! 

be sure to check out the card up on the Lawn Fawn blog, and check out the video too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D