Wednesday, December 27, 2023

cheers to the new year!

hello!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawnatics challenge blog! the current challenge is all about a new years-themed inspiration board! so my card fits right in!

Happy New Cheers Shaker Card by Samantha M for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink blending, Shaker Card, New Years, Card Making, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #shakercard #distressinks #inkblending #newyears #cardmaking

I love it!
I used the Build-a-Drink dies and customized them into champagne flutes...of a sort! lol!! that was my intention, anyway!
I also made the champagne flutes into shakers!! I love that it makes it look like there are bubbles in the drinks! so fun!

I used Mustard Seed and Squeezed Lemonade to add some color to the base of the glass. then I popped up the edges with two layers of foam tape. I added some shaker bits made with white glitter, clear gems and sequins.
I also used the straws to make the stem of the glasses!

Happy New Cheers Shaker Card by Samantha M for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink blending, Shaker Card, New Years, Card Making, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #shakercard #distressinks #inkblending #newyears #cardmaking

I used Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Dried Marigold for the background of the card. then I used the same colors but with a lot more pressure and used the Sunray Background Stencil. then I used the Lot of Stars Background Stencils and white embossing paste to make the background super festive!

Happy New Cheers Shaker Card by Samantha M for the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Ink blending, Shaker Card, New Years, Card Making, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #shakercard #distressinks #inkblending #newyears #cardmaking

I heat embossed the sentiment from Let's Bokeh in white onto black cardstock and popped it up with foam tape, too!

be sure to check out the card on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog and play along!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D