Thursday, March 11, 2021

toucan do it, girl!

hello there!
today I have this fun (and funny!) card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!

Toucan Do It Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Encouragement Card, Cards, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Toucans, Handmade Cards, #cardmaking #newtonsnook #distressink #inkblending

I just love these cute and adorable images! and I can't lie...that rainbow background doesn't hurt anything! lol!! rainbow tropical leaves?! yes please!
ha!

I used the Tropical Leaves Stencil for the background, along with an array of Distress Inks! I first inkblended in the rainbow colors directly on the white cardstock. then I placed the stencil on top, and used the same colors, but with more pressure (to make it darker!) for the leaves!

Toucan Do It Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Encouragement Card, Cards, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Toucans, Handmade Cards, #cardmaking #newtonsnook #distressink #inkblending

I colored all of the images (which are from Toucan Party) with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out!
I added some foam tape to the toucans and then popped them up!

Toucan Do It Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Encouragement Card, Cards, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Toucans, Handmade Cards, #cardmaking #newtonsnook #distressink #inkblending

I die cut out a black speech bubble with the Speech Bubbles Die Set and then layered the sentiment in pink and yellow cardstock on top!

be sure to check out the card on the Newton's Nook Designs blog, too!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D