Thursday, March 26, 2020

cutest little love birds ever!

hello there!
today I'm sharing a sweet card I made using some more of the Newton's Nook Designs sets that are retiring!!
so if you love them, grab them before they're gone!
this card is up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog, too!


Heartfelt Wishes Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Love Birds, Cards, Stencil, Distress Inks, Ink blending, #newtonsnook #distressinks #inkblending #lovebirds #cards #cardmaking

I used the adorable Darling Duos stamp set! it was made to combine with the Darling Hearts Die set! but instead of using the heart to die cut out the image in one piece, I used it to back my image with some vellum! love it! the birds are popped up with foam tape on top of the vellum!


Heartfelt Wishes Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Love Birds, Cards, Stencil, Distress Inks, Ink blending, #newtonsnook #distressinks #inkblending #lovebirds #cards #cardmaking

I love those love birds, and they're just TOO cute to color! you can basically use any colors, since they're such colorful birds!

I heat embossed the sentiment from Simply Sentimental, and then fussy cut it out! then I attached it to the card with foam tape!


Heartfelt Wishes Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Love Birds, Cards, Stencil, Distress Inks, Ink blending, #newtonsnook #distressinks #inkblending #lovebirds #cards #cardmaking

for the background, I used the perfect Tropical Leaves stencil with some Distress Inks: Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade! 
then I splattered some water on top of the ink blending.

be sure to check this card out on the Newton's Nook Designs blog, too!
enjoy!

1 comment:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D