Friday, January 31, 2014

another card for the inky paws challenge!

it's friday! :)
that in itself can make me smile sometimes! but couple that with a new inky paws challenge card i have to share, and it's even better!!

once a month newton's nook designs has a challenge and you can win newton's nook stamps! hello! and today i'm over on the newton's nook blog with this super FUN and happy card i created for the inky paws challenge - which is all about COLOR!! :)


love these colors!!

and my card just makes me smile! :)
for my card i used one of my favorite sets - newton's antics!! i love the images, i love the name and i love that cat! lol!! so funny!


first i found some patterned paper scraps i had in the corresponding colors and cut them all to the same sized strips. then i placed them on a diaganol all lined up, and that's the background! :) the diaganola background is also popped up, and so is newton. LOVE me some dimension! :)
oh, and of course, some white thickers for the 'meow' was a MUST!! lol! :)


then i stamped the sentiment and that cute little paw print image on the bottom! and just to do a little more, i stamped the paw print again on some patterned paper that matched the kitty's 'fur' and fussy cut it out (whew!) and added it to the one by the sentiment! :) 

so that's it! are you inspired?! are you going to play along? i hope so!!! leave me a comment below with your blog link if you do, and i'll check out your card and leave some blog love! :)
enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. It makes me smile, too! I love it, and I gotcha Pinned on my Cards board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOO cute! I absolutely love that you matched those colors perfectly!! And that cork box!!! ACK! Adorable! LOOOOOOOVE that little kitty too! FAB card all around:)

    ps... thank you x10000000 for stopping by the Virtual Smooches blog and leaving some love for me! And thanks for watching my videos! <3 You made my day <3 YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I really love the use of all those pretty patterned papers! perfect for this color challenge! thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D