Monday, August 19, 2013

lawnscaping challenge - distress maniacs

it's time for another lawnscaping challenge, and this time is all about distress inks! love it!


i made a super fun card and the proof is in the pudding people - i have inks all over my hands!! no joke, the little menn saw my hands and then colored their hands too (not with distress inks, with straight on markers!). we have a lot of monkey see, monkey do happenings here. :)

here's my card for the challenge! every color is a ditress ink!


for the ocean, i used peacock feathers and salty ocean. i pressed the ink pads directly to my craft sheet and then spritzed liberally with water and pressed my watercolor paper into it. i did the same technique for the sunset sky, too! the inks i used for the sky are squeezed lemonade, spiced marmalade, and festive berries! (the sentiment was made with harold's abc's)


the dolphins were colored by watercoloring with the iced spruce distress ink and adding a just a dab of picked raspberries on their cheeks! 
oh, and you may have noticed...the dolphins spin! well technically, they 'flip!' ha ha! here's a little video:


so. your turn! get your lawn fawn stamps and your distress inks, markers and tools and get to crafting! :)
(and maybe keep some wipes on hand!)
and for even more inspiration (if you can stand it!), check out the lawnscaping facebook page! we're dedicated to keeping your creative juices flowing! :)
so, enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. AHHHH! This card, Amazing! I love how the dolphins move that is awesome!!! I also love the distressing, and that sentiment is perfect.

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! Love the little spinning dolphins! Plus I like what you did with the distress inks - I have some that I haven't really played with yet! I really need to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Samantha!! I love everything from your ink blending, to your design, to the punny sentiment....this card has it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this card is too cool, Samantha!! The interactive element is so neat! You definitely nailed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally adorable! I just love how the dolphins move :)


    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!! Love the distress effect, the colors, and the interactive lement, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK! That is just GENIUS! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that the dolphins FLIP! GET OUT! You are super smart! SOOOOO CLEVER!! You must must MUST teach me how you did that! LOVE it!

    LOVE this card-- the distress inks are PERFECT! MUST get that peacock one! Add that to my list:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is perfect!!! I love the colors you've used to create the water...great depth of color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the jumping dolphins! Super cleaver! Your distress work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D