Tuesday, July 28, 2026

squeeze the day!

hello!
today I am super excited to share that I have this FUN, summery and interactive card up on the Lawn Fawn blog!
and, like I am prone to do...I have a video to go along with it! yay!
you can watch it here or on my youtube channel!

Wishing You the Zest! Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Interactive Card, Card Making, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink blending, Knock Knock Who's There, Cards, mice, Lemonade, #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #interactivecard #knockknockwhosthere

so cute!
I thought it would be a cute idea to make the giant lemons selling the lemonade to the mice! and when you peek behind the lemonade stand, there's a little mouse getting a peek at another sweet, giant lemon! ha!
I started by stamping the images from Make Lemonade!, You're the Zest and All the Clouds. then I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and colored them in! once they were dry, I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out, and then added some details with a white gel pen.
I also splattered some white acrylic ink on top of the clouds - for just a little bit of texture!

Wishing You the Zest! Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Interactive Card, Card Making, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink blending, Knock Knock Who's There, Cards, mice, Lemonade, #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #interactivecard #knockknockwhosthere

I love the Knock, Knock, Who's There? interactive die set, and I thought it would be so fun to have a sneaky little surprise behind the lemonade stand! lol
I started to create the scene by using white cardstock and die cutting out the grass and hill with Grassy Border and Stitched Hillside Borders. then I used Distress Oxide Inks in Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron. I also made a set of the same borders and the same inkblending to go behind the lemonade stand, when you open the 'door!'

Wishing You the Zest! Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Interactive Card, Card Making, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink blending, Knock Knock Who's There, Cards, mice, Lemonade, #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #interactivecard #knockknockwhosthere

then I used a white cardstock base, and folded it in half, as you would a card base. I used Distress Oxide Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Salvaged Patina. then I flipped the card base over and did a little ink blending where the door would open, as well. I also used the lighter colors to match the pull tab mechanism when you open the door.

Wishing You the Zest! Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawn, Distress Inks, Interactive Card, Card Making, Distress Oxide Inks, Ink blending, Knock Knock Who's There, Cards, mice, Lemonade, #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #cards #interactivecard #knockknockwhosthere

I almost forgot to add the sentiment, I was having so much fun making the card!! but I finally heat embossed the sentiment in white onto some Black Licorice Cardstock and then trimmed it into a banner and popped it up with foam tape.

I hope you like these sweet little mice as much I do!
be sure to check the card out up on the Lawn Fawn blog, and watch the video to follow along on how it came together, too!
enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D