Tuesday, October 22, 2024

orchids!

hello!
today I have a card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!
and I'm using my favorite flower - orchids!

Thinking of You (Orchids) Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, flowers, Card Making, Handmade Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #orchids

I love orchids because there are literally any color combination you would want to use to color them!
I stamped the images from Orchids three times and then die cut them out. I used pinks and beiges to color these images in.

Thinking of You (Orchids) Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, flowers, Card Making, Handmade Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #orchids

for the background, I used Distress Inks in Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron to ink blend most of the background. then I used the same colors but on top of the Quatrefoil Stencil with more pressure to add the tone-on-tone look!
once it was done, I splattered white acrylic ink on top of all of the images and the background.

Thinking of You (Orchids) Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, flowers, Card Making, Handmade Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #orchids

I finished the card by heat embossing the sentiment in white onto black cardstock and then fussy cut around it.
the sentiment and all of the flowers were popped up with foam tape. 

be sure to check out the card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D