Monday, March 4, 2024

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #168 - All Things Birthday

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!


yay! 
 

birthday cards are so fun, and happy to make! they're one of my favorite things to make for cards!

Dim-Sumbody says it's Your Birthday Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, heat embossing, Birthday, Birthday card, Card Making, Stencil #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #birthday #birthdaycard #cardmaking #dimsum

I stamped the images from Year Thirteen and Let's Roll. all of the images were colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then die cut out. I also added some details with a white gel pen! and of course I had to add some balloons in bright colors! I just love adding balloons to birthday cards!
 
Dim-Sumbody says it's Your Birthday Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, heat embossing, Birthday, Birthday card, Card Making, Stencil #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #birthday #birthdaycard #cardmaking #dimsum
 
for the background of the card, I used Distress Oxide Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio. then I used the Brick Stencil and the same colors but with more pressure to add some tone-on-tone colors and texture.

Dim-Sumbody says it's Your Birthday Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Distress Oxide Inks, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, heat embossing, Birthday, Birthday card, Card Making, Stencil #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #birthday #birthdaycard #cardmaking #dimsum
 
I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto black cardstock. I popped up all of the little dumplings and the sentiment!

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D