Wednesday, October 25, 2023

monochromatic christmas card

hi there!
today I have a card up on the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!
the current challenge is all about Monochromatic, and I chose greens this time!
and I LOOOOOOVE how it came out!

Joyful Wishes Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Monochromatic, Distress Inks, Die Cutting, Die Cuts, Christmas, Card Making, distress inks, Ink blending, watercolor, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #watercolor #christmascard #cardmaking #monochromatic

so fun, right?!
I used Distress Inks in Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and Squeezed Lemonade for the background. On a piece of 80lb cardstock, I ink blended the Distress Inks all over. then I used the same colors, but added them in a watercolor style to add some texture and interest!

Joyful Wishes Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Monochromatic, Distress Inks, Die Cutting, Die Cuts, Christmas, Card Making, distress inks, Ink blending, watercolor, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #watercolor #christmascard #cardmaking #monochromatic

I used the Cilantro Cardstock to die cut out all of the leaves, using the Stitched Poinsettia dies! then I used the Pine Needles Distress Ink and added just a tiny bit of color to the edges of each leaf. I also die cut out a few leaves from vellum!
I placed them in a wreath shape, and then used my sewing machine to stitch them all in place! I even rolled up the edges to add some texture.

Joyful Wishes Card by Samantha M for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Monochromatic, Distress Inks, Die Cutting, Die Cuts, Christmas, Card Making, distress inks, Ink blending, watercolor, #lawnfawnatics #lawnfawn #distressinks #inkblending #watercolor #christmascard #cardmaking #monochromatic

the sentiment was heat embossed in white onto Black Licorice Cardstock from the Mice on Ice stamp set!
be sure to check out the card on the Lawn Fawnatics blog, and I hope you play along too!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D