Monday, May 29, 2023

thinking of you (floral) card!

hello and happy Monday!

today I have a card up on the Newton's Nook Designs Blog!
it's floral-y and fun and bright and happy!

Thinking of You Orchids Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Noook Designs, Distress Inks, Orchids, Stencil, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #orchids #cardmaking #handmadecards

I used the Orchids Stamp Set and colored the images wtih Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, and then I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out!
I love orchids, they're my favorite flower for a bunch of reasons. but one of those reasons is because of the many, many color varieties they come in!!
this time, I decided to color them bright pink!

Thinking of You Orchids Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Noook Designs, Distress Inks, Orchids, Stencil, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #orchids #cardmaking #handmadecards

for the background, I used Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron and Pine Needles, then used the new Trailing Leaves Stencil with the same colors, but more pressure to add the tone-on-tone look! love that subtle background! the orchids were attached with foam tape, and then I splattered white acrylic link over the entire thing!

Thinking of You Orchids Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Noook Designs, Distress Inks, Orchids, Stencil, Card Making, Handmade Cards, Die Cutting, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #distressinks #inkblending #orchids #cardmaking #handmadecards

I heat embossed the sentiment from Floral Roundabout Stamp Set in white onto some black cardstock. then I used the Banner Trio Die Set to die cut it out!
I placed it on top of the entire card to finish it off!

be sure to check out the card on the Newton's Nook blog, too!
enjoy!

2 comments:

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D