Wednesday, February 2, 2022

you set my heart on fire!

hello and happy Wednesday!
today I have this card up on the Newton's Nook blog, and it's so sweet!

Love Emergency Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Valentine's Day Card, Love Card, Cards, Card Making, Fire Trucks, Handmade Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #lovecard #valentinesday #loveemergency #firetrucks #distressinks

so fun, right? I just love that cute valentine's day themed fire truck!

I stamped that fun image from Love Emergency and colored it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, then used the coordinating dies to die cut them out!
I also added some details with a white gel pen!

Love Emergency Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Valentine's Day Card, Love Card, Cards, Card Making, Fire Trucks, Handmade Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #lovecard #valentinesday #loveemergency #firetrucks #distressinks

for the background of the card, I used Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio to ink blend some color in the top left corner of the card. then I splattered some ink color and white acrylic ink on top!
I also did some ink blending on letters that I die cut with the Essential Alphabet die set! I used Abandoned Coral and Dried Marigold Distress inks and then splattered some white ink on those, too!

Love Emergency Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Valentine's Day Card, Love Card, Cards, Card Making, Fire Trucks, Handmade Cards, #newtonsnook #newtonsnookdesigns #lovecard #valentinesday #loveemergency #firetrucks #distressinks

I die cut out the heart from some vellum, using the Heart Frames Die Set, and heat embossed the majority of the sentiment on top!

be sure to check out the card on the Newton's Nook blog!
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love this cuteness!!! I might have to borrow this idea for my husband's valentine. It's so great! One question though...when you do cards like this, how wide is your panel? Is it just a 1/4 inch narrower or more? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D