Thursday, May 14, 2020

big father's day wishes!

hello again!
I'm back with a card that's up on the Newton's Nook blog
last week, I shared a Mother's Day card, so it's only fitting that this week, I share a Father's Day card! 


Happy Father's Day from Your Favorite Cubs Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Father's Day, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Embossing Paste, Cards, handmade Cards, stamping, #newtonsnook #fathersday #cards #distressinks #inkblending #handmadecards

so cute!
I used the adorable Papa Bear stamp set
all of the imaged were colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, and then once dry, I used the coordinating dies to die cut them out! so fun!

for the background, I did some ink blending with Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks! Once I did the base layer, I placed the Sunscape Stencil on top, and used the same colors, but with more pressure, to create the subtle rays in the background! love it!


Happy Father's Day from Your Favorite Cubs Card by Samantha Mann for Newton's Nook Designs, Father's Day, Distress Inks, Ink Blending, Stencil, Embossing Paste, Cards, handmade Cards, stamping, #newtonsnook #fathersday #cards #distressinks #inkblending #handmadecards

next, I used the Cloudy Sky Stencil with some white embossing paste to add the clouds! I love the texture that it brings! 
Once everything was dry, I arranged my images and then heat embossed part of the sentiment onto a piece of vellum that I die cut with the Speech Bubbles die set! I never say no to a sentiment on vellum! lol! 

thanks again - and be sure to check this card out on the Newton's Nook blog, too!
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I'll have to try this Winston card ASAP. Father's day will be here before we know it. Thanks for sharing. Brenda

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D