Thursday, March 13, 2014

love you more

i love you.
i love yo more.
NO, i love you more.
no, i love YOU more.

this could go on all day, so why not end it with a card! :)
i made this card for the currently a blog named hero challenge! did someone say stencil? OK! i'm in! :)




i have a renewed love for stencils. mostly in part to my obsession with embossing paste. but i find i've been playing with them with mists and distress inks a lot more too! see? obsessions DO open other doors...sometimes...*whistle*

anyway! this card DOES use embossing paste! 


i tinted my white embossing paste with some heidi swapp color shine in teal (swoon). LOVE making my own colors! i used a kelly purkey triangles stencil and then put it over my gold streaked paper!
i just took my white carstock, and my gold ink pad and swiped the ink pad over the white cardstock! easy peasy! and i LOVE the look!



then i stamped my sentiment (from the hero arts/studio calico oh snap stamp set) onto the cardstock with staz-on. the feather is also from that stamp set! i fussy cut it out and then popped it up for some dimension! :)

lastly, i splattered some black velvet heidi swapp color shine (eek!! last - i know! it was dangerous, but turned out ok!) all over so the feather looked like it could have been dipped in ink! :)

so that's it!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D