Monday, January 4, 2021

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #92 - Special Occasions

happy Monday! and happy new year!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!



yay!

eeep!!
the start of this new year is a perfect time to focus on an upcoming special occasion! love this idea!

for my card, I created a baby card - I just couldn't resist those sweet swans!

Welcome Little One Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Baby Card, Handmade Cards, Cardmaking, Distress Inks, Ink blending, Heat embossing, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatcis #babycard #welcomebaby #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #diecuts

love how this turned out!
I stamped the images from Swan Soiree and then colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! once they were dry, I added a little dot detail to their cheeks and fussy cut them out!
for the background, I used Distress Inks in Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn to ink blend on white cardstock for the grass and hills! I die cut them out with Grassy Borders and Stitched Hillside Borders!

Welcome Little One Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Baby Card, Handmade Cards, Cardmaking, Distress Inks, Ink blending, Heat embossing, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatcis #babycard #welcomebaby #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #diecuts

next, I die cut out the Stitched Pond and used Distress Oxide Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio for the pond! then I splattered some water on top!
I spread out the grass and cattails that I fussy cut out around the scene, and then finished off the scene with the sentiment heat embossed in white on a soft pink!

Welcome Little One Card by Samantha Mann, Lawn Fawnatics Challenge, Lawn Fawn, Baby Card, Handmade Cards, Cardmaking, Distress Inks, Ink blending, Heat embossing, #lawnfawn #lawnfawnatcis #babycard #welcomebaby #distressinks #inkblending #cardmaking #diecuts

I added a little Worn Lipstick to the edges of the Fancy Wavy Border die to tie it in with all the other ink blending on the card!

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D