Thursday, June 7, 2018

can I stow away?

hello!
today I have a card up on the Newton's Nook Designs blog!
this one was created in honor of Jennifer (the owner/illustrator of Newton's Nook) and her husband going on a cruise!! woooooo! I hope they have a FABULOUS time!



I started by coloring this image from Stowaway Newton stamp set with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. once it was dry, I die cut it out with the coordinating dies!
the background was masked off with a medium sized rectangle. then I placed the Tropical Leaves Stencil on top and used Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxied inks to ink blend through the stencil. Then I removed the stencil and and went over the whole area with Antique Linen!




next, I masked off the border and stamped the small passport image and the fun "Can I stow away?" sentiment in light grey ink on the background! it makes me giggle that the whole card reads: Going somewhere? Can I stow away? lol!!

hope this made you smile! be sure to head over to the Newton's Nook Designs blog for more information! 

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D